Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Multi purpose holster

blacklab

I'm looking for a holster that I can use with my 2011 open gun, 2011 limited gun and my 1911 open gun for steel. Right now I have a CR speed wsm ll and a safariland. Both are good holsters but it's kind of a pain to keep adjusting the barrel rest for each gun. I was looking at the DAA and the Ghost holsters because they don't have the barrel rest. Before I spend a few hundred on a new holster, I thought I would see what other people have had good luck with. I searched the forums but it looks like no one ask this question before. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I guess I should mention my open gun is a CK arms, my 1911 is a standard frame 1911 and a Rock Island double stack for limited. The Rock Island has a full rail and I do have a Nitro fin slide stop/thumb rest on both of the other guns, not sure if that matters or not.

Thanks.

I never heard of the eh/gr holster before. I just watched the video, it looks like they covered all the bases. At $185.00 from speed shooters it looks like a good deal. I'm glad I asked, thanks for the input.

z40acp, I'm really glad I asked, I didn't know that ghost holsters weren't good for 1911 frames. I assume having the gun go off in the holster is a bad thing. :surprise:

Once again, thanks for the help.