Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40 shooters that shoot major and minor

kmaultsby

I prefer the lighter bullets for minor because they are snappy and cycle the action faster.

Less weight change from a full mag to an empty mag, and less weight to carry around on your belt.

If your shooting a glock they tend to stay in the mags better too.

I have noticed the plastic glock magazines tend to be weak at the feed lips and cannot hold the heavier cartridges in the mag during heavy and fast rates of fire. Cartridges with heavy bullets tend to slip through the feed lips when the action cycles on my glock, and one or two rounds will fly out at times when its cycling the next round into the chamber.

• 1 month later...

I prefer the lighter bullets for minor because they are snappy and cycle the action faster.

Less weight change from a full mag to an empty mag, and less weight to carry around on your belt.

If your shooting a glock they tend to stay in the mags better too.

I have noticed the plastic glock magazines tend to be weak at the feed lips and cannot hold the heavier cartridges in the mag during heavy and fast rates of fire. Cartridges with heavy bullets tend to slip through the feed lips when the action cycles on my glock, and one or two rounds will fly out at times when its cycling the next round into the chamber.

Ummm - you need new mags. That's not "normal". ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I will use the same Bayou 180 TCG (different colors for maj and min so I can tell the difference) and different charge. Luckily my best friend gave me an extra powder bar. Makes it VERY easy to switch. 4.2 grn of 700X for maj and 2.8 grn for min.