Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reduce LOP on Benelli M2

co-exprs

Update. I went out and shot a set of sporting clays with my new LOP modification. I had difficulty settling in with the new geometry. I seemed be more inconsistent shouldering the gun. 13.5" is perfect on my pump gun, but it just didn't feel right on the M2. I happened to have another Kickeez pad 1/4" longer and bolted it up to give it a try. 13.75" felt much more consistent, and I think on the M2, that length will be a winner. Gonna do some more shooting this weekend. Point is, shotgun fit is not an exact science. Every gun is different and some times only 1/4" can make a significant difference in performance.

co-exprs,

if you dont me asking, how tall or what's your arms lenght. In my case the 1301 comp without any spacer is perfect for my stature, so I ask my buddy gunsmith to shorten my stock of my Supernova with the same LOP 13". I hope its not too short, if not mistaken a shorter LOP especially with a pump is beneficial for me since I'm on the shorter side or shall we say cute, easier for me to manipulate the action. . lol, anyways the Kickeez that will be installed is 3/4", worst comes to worst I can still get the 1" pad.

I am 74 inches tall with a long wingspan. I like a shorter LOP than most guys my size. I did a stock reduction for a friend who is a shortish lady. She wanted a 12.5" LOP on her SuperNova, with a 1" Kickeez pad. I had to get creative on that one because I had to cut the stock right down to the Comfortech features on the inside. Anyway, the nice thing is that you can get a Kickeez pad all the way up to 1 3/8" thick, so you will have room to play with. Only down side is that you are replacing hollow plastic stock with solid foam rubber with a significant weight penalty.

Went out to test the adjusted set up with 13.75" LOP. Shot 3 sets of skeet after the patterning board. I am usually good for about 21 or 22 but today I shot a 23, 23 and my first ever 25 with this honey of an M2.

• 2 weeks later...