Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ransom Rest inserts for Stock 2 (small frame)

mrd

Yes, I have sent them a mail and I'm waiting on their reply.

Still, I'd be interested to know if anyone is using ransom rest with their tanfoglio and what inserts they are using. :) Don't know when the kind folks at ransomrest.com will find the time to answer my question...

Edited by mrd

Well, the plot thickens... Just noticed "EAA Witness" inserts on the list of inserts. Even says to specify small or large, should supposedly refer to frame size. I have mailed ransomrest.com, asking them to clarify. Seems weird that they should recommend CZ inserts if they have dedicated inserts ready to go..? I'm hoping Sandy didn't quite know what she was talking about. :)

EDIT: Got my reply. I was correct that the EAA Witness inserts in fact are for the Tanfoglios and that "small" and "large" refers to frame size. :huh: However, Sandy also stated that the EAA Witness inserts also "takes the CZ", which indicates that there's not so much difference between the inserts, if any. :blink: Well, who knows? I'll just order the small EAA Witness inserts and hope for the best... :rolleyes:

Edited by mrd

• 1 month later...

Now I have received the inserts. Well...

I ordered the inserts that are listed "EAA Witness small".

I received inserts marked "CZ 75/85". And they don't fit. They are clearly for another gun/frame. If I would use them as is, I am certain I would damage the frame of my gun. I will have to remove quite a significant amount of material to make the Tanfoglio frame fit into these inserts.

I called Ransom Rest and was told that they have new owners and new personnel and according to their "cheat sheet" the CZ and Tanfoglio/EAA small frame are the same. So they use the CZ inserts for the Tanfoglio/EAA small frame. The only solution they had was a return and refund.

So, if anyone wants ransom rest inserts for their small frame EAA, this is what you can expect.