Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aluminum Cmore in a sideways mount?

blaster113

Anyone try running a metal body Cmore in a 90 degree mount? I've had bad luck with two different scopes and 90 degree mounts losing zero so I was considering trying my luck with a metal Cmore. I'm not 100% convinced yet on the reliability of the RTS2 but am considering it. Looking to shoot at least one major next year in Open and I want a scope that will be 100% functional.

That is what I'm running on my new open build. It's an 8moa dot module, aluminum click switch, with a Cheely mount. The glass housing is as down onto the slide as it can possibly be without touching. I have had zero issues with it, holds zero perfectly. I like that I don't have to be as cautious when I tighten down the set screws, afraid to crack the housing. Is your zero issue a bad sight, bad sight to mount, or bad mount to frame? Or it could be a combo of those. Make sure all the screws are tight, and check the body for cracks. Also, check the top grip screws to be tight. If the frame is loose in the grip, it will wander.

For some reason I can't put the link into this thread, but if you check the open gun picture thread in the Gallery, my gun is post #1107 & 1109.

Edited by OPENB

How is the balance with the metal scope in the side mount?

The two side mounts I used were the Quinn2 and the Brazos. Used red Loctite to secure both to the frame, the mounts felt solid. Touch of Blue Loctite to secure scope to mount.

I'm having my Cmore rebodied and was thinking of asking to have it upgraded to aluminum.