Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What height Dawson front sight for P226 .40s&w?

JGus

Does anyone know the correct Dawson front sight height for a P226 .40s&w with a Warren Tactical rear sight?

I know what it is for a P226 9mm. I've got a couple USPSA 9mm models that I've put a 0.160" tall front sight on with the Warren Tactical and it dialed it in for me.

However, I can't find anywhere what the proper height would be for a Dawson fiber front/Warren Tactical rear combo for a P226 .40s&w.

Thanks.

The best way would be to see how it hits with the factory front and Warren rear, and then order the appropriate FO front based on POI. But I'm guessing you'd rather order both at once. :)

Just going by convention, Sig typically puts #8/8 sets on 9mm, and #6/8 sets on .40 S&W. From a sight height chart I copied from SF, a #8 front sight is 0.220" and a #6 front sight is 0.230", so they use a 0.010" taller sight on the .40. So, as a guess, perhaps a 0.170" tall Dawson?

JAFO's numbers jive directly with my experience. The numbers he references for the stock Sig sights are the dimensions including the height of the dovetail. Dawson's dimensions are blade height only. The blade only for a #8 is .160. And for the #6 it is indeed .170.

t