Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1st Time with my new V12 Super 38 versus my old Glock-N-Stein 40sw

Austin111

First day with my long awaited V12 which took 1 minute to buy and 111 days for my NJ permits to process (Gov Christie, No way are Free States voting for you).

The V12 session was short and sweet since I did not mount my C-More until I was certain the low profile mount would not interfere. Turns out no problemo. Safety is important to me so I used my outdoor range with a massive berm, reserved it for my personal use and had already dry fired the V12 with 9mm LaserLyte bullets and established elevation and lateral coordinates with points on the mount. Was I certain of "A Zone" hits, no....but hitting paper....YES.

The V12, still mostly factory with the exception of Henning guide rod, buffer, recoil spring, firing pin and firing pin spring (will do the hammer spring, plunger spring and polish soon).

Experience: Excellente', Great Gun. Can't wait to mount the C-More. Can't wait to shoot more. (I had an STI DVC Open on order and cancelled it and I don't regret it) I was using the V12 Barrel with some inexpensive GECO® .38 Super Auto 124 Grain FMJ 1,290 F.P.S. muzzle velocity (non-v12 MV). Will load 3n38 and chron it. I felt a slight muzzle rise, but the splits felt substantially better than the Glock-N-Stein. I am anticipating a tamer ride with the 3n38.

Here is a short video of the V12 on Day 1, Shot 1. Room for improvement on my part, but the gun is ready.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xpyvhyxvgcvz97v/V12%201st%20Video.mp4?dl=0

Here is the Glock-N-Stein for those with great vision to measure the difference in muzzle rise. Glock has Carver Customs Comp, Zev Trigger and Firing Pin, reduced Recoil and FP Spring, EGW Glock Doctor Slide Mount, FastFire III, Lone Wolf Supported Threaded barrel, SJC Gen4 Heavy magwell, Taran Tactical Weighted Mag Bases https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4a4dztj25mu8ay/GlockAppaloosa.mp4?dl=0

Edited by Austin111