Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Easter Side Match Ideas

Tman33_99

My clubs next match is on Easter Sunday and I was tossing around a couple of ideas in my head for a side match after the regular match. I would like any feedback, pros and cons you guys and gals my have.

Idea #1. $5 a shooter. Random Picked teams (2 shooters per team). Names are put into two hats based on classification (ie GM, M and A in one hat, B, C, D in another hat). Regular shootoff format between two teams. 4 Easter Eggs hanging from string and a stop US Popper per team. Winner advances, loser goes to loser bracket for double elimination. 75% of the $$ goes as prizes, 25% goes to club for prop fund.

Idea #2. One Easter Egg, One Shot, One dollar. Hit is $5 payoff, Miss is nothing. Open would shoot from 15 yards, everyone else from 10 yards.

I think either of these would be fun, and I think the shootoff would be the funnest, but sometimes I have a warped sense of humor. Would also be a great way for me to get rid of a bunch of easter eggs.

Thanks in Advance,

Travis

The old rendezvous (mountain man) shoots usually contained an egg match. Basically everyone shooting on the line at the same time, same distance. If you hit your egg, you advanced to the next round at a longer distance. Pretty basic but if you missed you had to eat the *RAW* egg.

The other thing to realize is rotten egg smell may stay with the range if there are not a lot of scavengers about. I'd suggest using the plastic eggs rather than hard boiled ones.

John