Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm. 147g SnS Coated. 3.0g N320.....

greg2648

I chrono'd this load a few days ago. 878fps. avg. 129PF. Shoots soft. I shot it at a match a day later and was all over the place but mostly high right. No consistent miss. I am left handed. I will check zero this weekend. I guess that I would have thought it to be pretty accurate. Most likely shooter error. I was shooting an Xdm Comp. 5.25. Anybody else have any experience with a load close to this one. Thank you, Greg.

Out of my XDM 5.25 I use 3.2 gr N320 under 147gr projectiles. Lucky13 coated 147's average 926 FPS with an 8 SD, Xtreme 147 HP's average 890 FPS with a 7.1 SD, both loads are pretty accurate. I have only had some n320 for a couple months now and havent had time to fully mess with it, but I like it a lot so far. You may need to bump the charge up a little. I have used 3.4gr with 147's also but didnt notice any more accurate results, just more recoil.

that is also my standard load for 9mm, you didn't mention your OAL. I ran an experiment years ago ranging my OAL from 1.10-1.50 and found that 1.135" was the most accurate and most consistant, with single digit SD on the chrono.

My standard load for the 147 gr SNS coated, flat-point bullet is 3.2 gr N320 at 1.135 OAL. I've used various primers and brass. I run these through a GLOCK 17 and 19.

On the forums, most of the 147 gr coated lead bullet loads with N320 suggest 3.2/3.3 gr at 1.135 OAL to make power factor. I can get my guns to cycle with lower charges, but I've found that shooting during transitions affects the point of impact much more. That may be what was happening to you at the match.

• 2 months later...