Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Choosing a gun and division

StraightSh00ter

kneelingatlas, yes you are correct . I didn't phrase it properly. It doesn't shorten the travel, it just moves the trigger a bit back and closer to the frame (I suppose it takes up the pre-travel length, or something like this)

Joe M, I use the 75 SP-01 Shadow with the factory sights which I find excellent for IPSC stages, but I need to be a little more careful when shooting small targets (tennis balls) at 25-30 yards. I have not tried the adjustable sights, but I understand that acquiring a target while on the move is more difficult.

I will also agree on what kneelingatlas said. Go for the Shadow and if possible try and get hold of a pre-B disco (if you find it get 2, because they are not in production anymore, even though I've read rumors that CZ will start producing these again - something that will be nice if they do, but I don't think it will happen)

Sweet, that is what I wanted to hear. I will start with the 75 Shadow, maybe a pre-B disco if I can find one, and maybe an adjustable sight. I intend to use the gun outside practical shooting so I like the accuracy. And its just fun to destroy the center of a target at the range :)

I believe the the Pre-B disconnector is being produced again. CZ Custom has them and installs them standard on the Shadow Custom. The adjustable LPA sight will require milling the slide. There is the HAJO sight but I have only read bad things in terms of reliability but CZ Custom might have resolved those issues.

It sounds like the pre-B disco is what I'd want with that gun. I don't expect DA pull to be super short, I just want the SA pull to be short like an SA only.

You're on the right track :)

But why the 75 Shadow and not the SP01 Shadow? I recommend the SP01 Shadow Target (add the Accu bushing if the extra $350 is not a big deal).

I really like the balance better of the 75 frame. I know the SP01 is what everybody recommends - but the 75 just feels better in my hands. I don't think there is much recoil on a 75 to begin with (less than my 9mm 1911) and I'm only getting better at managing it. So my thought is to go with the gun that seems more natural to hold, and that is faster to move between targets (less weight = quicker).

Actually, on that same physics note: the heavier frame of the SP01 seems like it wouldn't move as far or as fast during recoil (sort of like recoil is damped), but because of that same inertia it would also be slower to respond to (or damp out) corrections/movements.

Edited by StraightSh00ter