Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Inspired by the My Biggest Toy thread...

GeorgeInNePa

George - thanks again for the pic.s

So that rifle is built on a CZ-550 action? It seems like a great rifle; does your smith have a website and would he consider building another such rifle? Thanks!

D.C. Johnson

Dude, what the heck are you going to do with it???

What ever he wants! :D:P

Hey Shipster

I believe the LITTLE man trying to shoot the gun in the Video was just a

wee bit scared of it to begin with...

but it was a Sad but Funny video .. sad on the dropping of the gun and Funny

because of the idiot shooting it...

Thanks for a Good Morning Laugh..

SuperComp9 `;}~

George - thanks again for the pic.s

So that rifle is built on a CZ-550 action? It seems like a great rifle; does your smith have a website and would he consider building another such rifle? Thanks!

D.C. Johnson

Yes that was a CZ550 action that my local FFL found for me. The trick action to use would be a Granite Mountain Arms action, but they are $3000.00+. The CZ works, but you have to remove quite a bit of metal from the bolt to get the shell to fit and it needs ramp and rail work to get it to feed. Then again, the CZ cost me $500 with tax. I don't think I would try for 2400fps+ with the CZ, I'd invest in the GMA just for the bolt and lug size alone.

I would think he would build another, a few people have asked him about it. They usually don't go any farther than asking price. I can IM you his email, if you want it.

Well broke down at the match today and shot the beast. It wasn't as bad as you would expect. It is a definite recoil monster but damn it was fun. I could lie and tell you the brake makes it feel like a .243 but I doubt anyone is dumb enough to believe that one. :lol:

"Dude, what the heck are you going to do with it???"

-shoot bunny rabbits, puppy dogs, anything that pisses me off . . .

Seriously, the cost is just a little too rich for my budget right now as I would want to build it as you suggest (on the Granite Mountain action). Thank you for the additional information as well as the entertaining thread. Regards,

D.C. Johnson