Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P series polishing

PrimaryBruce

Anyone know of a thread/writeup or even better, a video, showing what areas to polish on the P-07 and P-09 trigger system? I know the trigger bar needs attention, but I know there's many other areas that can be hit as well that will make a giant difference on helping the DA pull. I already have the CGW spring kit, SRS, hammer, oversized roller, and a couple other things on the way for it. (All the parts in the pro grade kit.)

Edited by bruceg

I received a email from David at this is what he said

Polish the trigger bar where it rides against the inside of the frame, the top where it cams under the roller, the sear pin, hammer strut, and hammer pivot pin. Reduce the tension on the trigger bar support spring a lot, you'll get a feel for how to this quickly, it's the spring on the RH side of the frame. Do it with the spring in the frame and pistol assembled.

I received a email from David at this is what he said

Polish the trigger bar where it rides against the inside of the frame, the top where it cams under the roller, the sear pin, hammer strut, and hammer pivot pin. Reduce the tension on the trigger bar support spring a lot, you'll get a feel for how to this quickly, it's the spring on the RH side of the frame. Do it with the spring in the frame and pistol assembled.

Cool man, thanks!

Thanks. I came across that thread, but after the trigger bar he never finished lol.

I think it is a work in progress of a very busy guy.

Yea, unfortunately the thread ended at the trigger bar. David stays insanely busy. Eventually he'll probably finish it. :) lol

After receiving what parts to polish from David I watched joes video and tore down the 09 last night i took and stone polised the parts and areas as described and it smoothed the DA tremendously! Anyone that had tore into a glock if you watch the video you can smooth the DA and with CGW recommended parts you will have a trigger that will please!

So I polished the parts and relieved tension on the trigger bar support spring . Range report, you can relieve to much tension on the spring and the issue that came from that was the hammer would fall to half cock when the trigger was pulled fast. I shot the match and thought I was having light stikes, it was a easy fix, just increase the tension and the gun ran flawless. Thanks to David and Joe for there offering of knowledge.

So I polished the parts and relieved tension on the trigger bar support spring . Range report, you can relieve to much tension on the spring and the issue that came from that was the hammer would fall to half cock when the trigger was pulled fast. I shot the match and thought I was having light stikes, it was a easy fix, just increase the tension and the gun ran flawless. Thanks to David and Joe for there offering of knowledge.

Cool man, thanks for the tip. If you go to the cz forums and look at this thread: http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=66147.0'>http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=66147.0 David shows how much you should bend the spring down. :)

Edited by bruceg