Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Building a 1911

That gives you an excuse to build one for each kid right?

Then wether you have them now or they come later, you always have the grandkids to think about too. Can't leave them out. ;)

HAHAHAHA lets stick to worrying about one kid for now. Signing me up for checks I can't cash lol.

I have a couple ar receivers set aside for my kids. Why not have some 2011 or 1911 frames too.

I was worried about the 2011 since I had never held one and it seemed bulky. I got to hold an STI marauder 2011 today and I am going to either get or build one so a 2011 frame is next on the never ending list of supplies to get.

Build it!!!

That gives you an excuse to build one for each kid right?

Then wether you have them now or they come later, you always have the grandkids to think about too. Can't leave them out. ;)

HAHAHAHA lets stick to worrying about one kid for now. Signing me up for checks I can't cash lol.

I have a couple ar receivers set aside for my kids. Why not have some 2011 or 1911 frames too.

I was worried about the 2011 since I had never held one and it seemed bulky. I got to hold an STI marauder 2011 today and I am going to either get or build one so a 2011 frame is next on the never ending list of supplies to get.

Build it!!!

Build two!

It looks like according to the reviews there shouldn't be too much slide to frame fitting needed. It sounds like everyone who's reviewed them claim they have a pretty decent fit as shipped. I'm thinking about picking up a couple sets even though I have no time to work on them for the foreseeable future since the price is right. I've had my new limited gun sitting on my bench (PT long / wide frame with a Brazos Unique cut slide) for a while now. I work on it when I have a half hour to an hour to spare. As tight as it is it may be a while until I get it done.

• 2 weeks later...

This may be a silly question but is there a list of measurements somewhere? like how thick the slide rail has to be. How open the channel on the frame has to be, etc, etc.

Here's what i use when I fit a slide/frame.

9f7881e1cc704177b6fe23936fca9d50.jpg