Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Glock 35 Build

ppierceall

Started my Limited build on my New Glock 35 I decided to not get the MOS anyhow it is now at the gunsmith's getting the slide milled and cerakoted it will be there for the next 30 days.
Change out the recoil spring at Carver Customs - Trigger from Jeff at Glock Triggers - Mag Release from SJC - KKM TIN Coated Barrel - TTI Sights - Stippled Grip - Heavy Magwell from Zev.

Two questions
1. did I forget anything?

2. I am getting the slide cerakoted in mil spec green - if it were you would you have the lower cerakoted too?

Started my Limited build on my New Glock 35 I decided to not get the MOS anyhow it is now at the gunsmith's getting the slide milled and cerakoted it will be there for the next 30 days.

Change out the recoil spring at Carver Customs - Trigger from Jeff at Glock Triggers - Mag Release from SJC - KKM TIN Coated Barrel - TTI Sights - Stippled Grip - Heavy Magwell from Zev.

Two questions

1. did I forget anything?

2. I am getting the slide cerakoted in mil spec green - if it were you would you have the lower cerakoted too?

i've cerakoted most of my glocks after proceeding to a slide lightening. cerakote is great, the paint doesn't fade after thousands of holster-re-holster of dry fire sessions . i've seen some glocks with the frame cerakoted, but because the texture of glock frames , it may looks like painted with a spray. i'm not a fan of cerakote on glock frames but again beauty is in the eyes of the onlooker.
the only thing that happened when i went with a slide lightening on my 17 is,i had to retighten the slide at rail level afterward .
made the mistake of piercing a ''slot''' on the opposite side of the ejection port,then my groupings opened dramatically. i've investigated for awhile before realizing that the milling behind the port kind changed the fit slide-barrel . nothing that can't be fixed .
forgive me, i don't want to hijack your thread,just some pics meant as encouragement to do so, while i will understand you might not agree on the colors LOL..to each his own right??
verqlj.jpg
33oqvma.jpg
Edited by sigsauerfan

• 2 weeks later...

To each his own. I would coat the slide because you are machining through the tenifer coating that Glock applies. I would wait and see if you like the contrast between stock lower/ceracoated slide. I like the contrast, just depends on what you want.