Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Backup Gun?

aandabooks

On 6/30/2015 2:55 PM, Patrick Jones wrote:> If you drop to minor power factor in mid-match, either thru > chronograph or a substitute gun, can you now load your magazines to 10 > rounds in Single Stack division?> 

Certainly not, load in magazine is determined by caliber, not PF. Not making Major PF is no reason to load 10 in magazine.

It is the shooter's responsibility to make sure his ammo passes the test. i think USPSA is not in the business of rewarding shooters who fail the chrono test by allowing them to increase their magazine load unless they change and shoot a pistol of a lower caliber(9mm) but their scores will be recorded as Minor.

Using PF as a basis will surely be more than a handful in Level I matches where no chronos are done.

It scares me to think that our sport is full of gamers and cheats? just my 2 cents

A ) Appendix C2-39 says that if I declare major but go minor, I am minor for the whole match.

B ) Appendix D5-9 says that I can load to 10 for single stack minor.

What rule supports A but excludes B?

Edited by ChuckS

Original Post (# 1) Needs editing with the additional information on Caliber and Power Factor

XDM (Need Caliber & Power Factor)

G34 (9MM)

625 (Needs Power Factor)

SigMax 45 (Needs Power Factor)

SA RO 9 MM (Needs Power Factor)

They state which gun you start with and what gun you change to.

Edited by UncleTK

Original Post (Number 1) Needs editing with the additional information on Caliber and Power FactorXDM (Need Caliber & Power Factor)G34 (9MM)625627SigMax 45 (Needs Power Factor)SA RO 9 MM (Needs Power Factor)

XDM 9mm Minor

Sig Max Major

SA RO 9mm Minor

Far from claiming of having more knowledge than our respected DNROI, i was just voicing my 2 cents. USPSA rules were almost lifted verbatim from the IPSC rulebook.

Not so sure that anybody has the monopoly of the CORRECT interpretation of all the rules. The original framers of the rules might have a different intention that what we are discussing right now.

Pretty much what i'm trying to say.... The Supreme Court Chief Justice is just but one vote of the whole Supreme Court.

Edited by yasko