Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slow Trigger Reset with Mag Inserted

d_striker

I have an SP01 Shadow with 6 mags. I noticed that when I have dummy rounds in 2 of the mags, the DA trigger is very slow to reset. Reset is fine with 4 other mags.

At first I thought it had something to do with the beat up dummy rounds. I tried it with live ammo at the range in all the mags. Same thing.

I can't tell any difference in the feed lips on the 2 mags that are causing this. Has anyone encountered this before?

The mag spring screw was also loose. It's interesting how the tighter that screw is, the more tactile the reset is.

I just thought the gun was breaking in as the reset got less and less tactile. I almost prefer the softer reset but I guess not at the expense of the trigger not resetting.

I have been wondering, what screw driver you guys are using for that screw?

It is staked and I'm scared to mess with it. I imagine it needs to be a very tight fit in the slotted screw and long enough to get some torque on it.

Is it possible to link me to a good driver for the job? I would love to buy a quality driver for this. My brownells magna bit set would be good to find the tightest fitting bit but k don't trust it for a job

like this

I just used the biggest flat head that would fit in there. The stakes aren't very deep. I think the bigger issue is getting it to stay tight once you put it back in. Blue loctite doesn't seem to be strong enough. It got loose after about 2k rounds.

Might try red loctite.

Saw a Dawson precision video for rear sight set screw he used red loctite just on last few threads. Maybe that would keep it locked in but not to the point you couldn't still remove it.

Typically for vibration prone areas I use a gasket maker that doesn't harden from auto zone type places. It fills the threads and stays sticky but won't fracture or crack like blue loctite and is easy to remove unlike red. Loctite also sells a blue silicone type which would work.

I need to find a driver for that screw. Maybe my next cz order will be that screw so I can take it with me to lowes and find a good driver. I haven't taken a cz apart past that yet and would like to be prepared to do so.