Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

50 cal.

rooster24

RCBS has off the shelf stuff; believe Wideners has it in stock (look at http://www.uspsa.com under vendors) Do a google search on something like 50 BMG cal shooters association - they have a site w/ helpful forum. Believe Redding, possibly others make custom high precision 50BMG loading equip.

I have just purchased a full set up from Hornady for the Big 50. I also reccomend you get the Neck dies and the Powder measure, plus the Forster or Sinclair outside neck turner and a good quality trimmer.

Shame Mike Dillon does not do the 1050 in 50BMG, although it might have to be called the 5050 looking at the difference in case size.

Bullets available from Barnes ( 800gr )and Hornady (750 Amax). These are the best by a huge margin, if you want accuracy. Only use the Milspec 660 grainers for short range (600) or plinking.

Use VV 2n29, Hodgdon H5010, H870. Buy new brass where ever possible, LakeCity Arsenal and PMC are best. Check out aaa ammo.com? or Arizona Ammunition. They have all the good stuff, and reasonable prices.Join the FCSA you get an ammazing list of suppliers and all the right people to talk to. Their website is good and has some neat photos of 50's being fired at night. Also check out McMillans website.

Have fun. I am.

• 2 weeks later...

Fighting in Afghanistan, a Canadian sniper from the 3rd Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry Battle Group deployed in support of U.S. infantrymen set what is believed to be a record for a long-distance shot under combat conditions, hitting an enemy gunman at a distance of 2,430 metres. The sniper used a .50-calibre rifle -- the MacMillan Tac-50 and custom ammunition incorporating a 750 grain Hornady AMAX bullet. I am one American who appreciates the Canadians!

• 2 weeks later...

and for cleaning .50 BMG cases have a look at the pix on this site , first one is about cases fired in HECATE 2 50 BMG Ultima Ratio rifle.

Hello, I am very happy to announce that DCB case cleaner can be obtained in USA through http://securityarms.com/dcb/index.htm and that it is being tested by a few american reloaders , one of them being a famous champion. have a look at this new tumbling media.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine will weigh in at about 50lbs, which is the maximum allowed for heavy rifle in FCSA shooting. With the muzzle break a rifle that heavy feels like a hot 308 load. If the weight gets down to 35Lbs then it is like a hot 30-06.

Generally they are quite good to shoot. AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A MUZZLE BREAK.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Reloader, I have found that the best and very best reloading machine or reloading press for this great calliber is the Corbin CSP-2. If you want a very nice machine, you can also buy this machine in a hidraulic version. And if your bank account is a little bit fat and you can destinate some resources to a very high technical reloading, well, the choise is obvious, youll be buying the biggest hidraulic press that comes in a huge metal cabinet.

They both comes with the adapter for the shell holder. You must order it when you buy it.

Your grand children will continue using this presses.

I myself have a CSP-2 and one of my employees runs it at least 4000 times per day since two years. Are you going to reload all of this .50 BMG rounds?

Good luck, good shooting.

All of the information about powder and bullets given to you befor this post are very great information.

Best regards, Swagerman

honoriomc@hotmail.com