Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2nd match video any pointers anyone?

Well my second match went really good. I finished 13th out of 42 on my first ever match, and my second match I was 3rd out of 27. Had the fastest raw time, by almost 20 seconds but the age handicap cost me the victory. Pretty laid back local match, but still lots of fun. They made us clear the shotgun and have it on safe. I'm definitely addicted

Here's the link to my video if anyone wants to check it out.

Not bad for an old guy :goof: But, seriously, age shouldn't be a factor. Pull up some video of some old guys like Jerry Miculek, Michael Voigt, and others. Looking at them should certainly change your mind about age. I'll be 49 years young this year. When the young guys beat me I don't blame it on age; I blame it on my shooting ability, lack of practice, and my own stupid mistakes.

I'm not a 3 gunner, so I can't really chime in on the shooting, and tactics. But, the big thing that concerned me was at the end. Keep the gun pointed down range when your done, and let the RO come to you for unload and show clear. What you did could get you in trouble.

You looked great! Your clearly know how to shoot, handguns look like your weakest event. From my newbie perspective, split times between shots, transitions and reloads would be a good thing for you to practice.