Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone using a DAA Racemaster with Sig Block for a P229?

Austin111

DAA Racemaster has an insert block for a Sig 226/228. Would like to have an insert block to host my P229 SS Elite.

Sent email to DAA, but they don't know if trigger guard is identical. I have an inquiry into Sig, but would like a first hand review if possible.

Thanks, Austin

I don't know anyone using one, so I can only speculate.

I guess it would depend on whether DAA made the block for hooked trigger guards or rounded guards. Older 226/228's had rounded guards, but the newer 226's and your 229 SS Elite have hooked guards. The fact that they list the 228 at all might suggest that the 226/228 block is for rounded guards.

My X5 has a hooked guard, but I think it's wider than the guard on my 229. Not sure if the X5 block would work.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know anyone using one, so I can only speculate.

I guess it would depend on whether DAA made the block for hooked trigger guards or rounded guards. Older 226/228's had rounded guards, but the newer 226's and your 229 SS Elite have hooked guards. The fact that they list the 228 at all might suggest that the 226/228 block is for rounded guards.

My X5 has a hooked guard, but I think it's wider than the guard on my 229. Not sure if the X5 block would work.

JAFO, Thanks... I will hold off at this point since I have a "standard" holster for the Sig while I wait for more info.