Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tuning Recoil Systems on Gen 4 Glock 17s

rugerp89ipsc

Okay, I did some searching and didn't really find what I am looking for. Long story short, I traded for a Gen 4 Glock 17 and I would like to set it up as another Production gun. I currently run 2 G34s Gen4s and have been using uncaptured guide rods with Zev's reducer washer.

When I went to look for parts today, I didn't seem to fin much out there similar to this. It seems most of what's available is captured guide rods set to the spring you want. Am I missing something?

I would like to stick with a stainless steel uncaptured guide rod but the only ones I found appear to have a screw or something in the tip of the guide rod. None of the descriptions on the websites are very telling.

Can anyone who has set up their Gen 4 G17s guide me on this as far as parts. Thanks guys.

Doesn't the same guide rod and adapter ring on your 34 work on the 17?

I thought so too, but before I tried it, I was going to just go to Zev's website and order another to get this project started. Zev, however, doesn't list a SS guide rod for the Gen4 Glock 17s. So long story short, I didn't want to try it and not be able to take the pistol back apart if it doesn't fit or risk bending parts on one of my competition pistols before the TX Open since my 34s run 100%.

I have the captured Jager Gen 4 guide rod in my 34 and recently got the Zev extended Gen 3 guide rod and adapter ring for my 35. The captured is easier to put back in after field stripping, but the uncaptured is easier for changing springs. I'll probably get uncaptured going forward, one less screw to have to worry about backing out, not that mine has yet with loctite.

I have the captured Jager Gen 4 guide rod in my 34 and recently got the Zev extended Gen 3 guide rod and adapter ring for my 35. The captured is easier to put back in after field stripping, but the uncaptured is easier for changing springs. I'll probably get uncaptured going forward, one less screw to have to worry about backing out, not that mine has yet with loctite.

That was my thought. I would hate to have a screw work out in a part that gets a lot of movement/jarring.

Thanks for the insight.