Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holsters

Clay1

Still in search of the perfect G34 holster. Have lots of time until mid April. I called a Blackhawk Tactical dealer that I met at a gun show a couple of weeks ago. We were both out of our normal town but within minutes of each other at our get away places - small world. He had his goodies with him so we met at my place for some pistol fun. I set up 3 IDPA targets and we had a blast literally.

He brought along a G17 carbon fiber CQC holster. There is no light in the belt channel but the holster sits away from the belt mechanism. It's probably not IDPA legal, but wanted to ask you guys if you thought it was?

The G17 holster would not work with my G34 and Dawson Precision sights. As soon as the front sight cleared the bottom of the holster you could hear the front sight snap out of the kydex. It hooked the open bottom and was difficult to remove the gun. My wife's new G34 with stock sights still, cleared the channel fine.

I ended up buying a holster just not the CQC. I bought my wife the large fanny pack for her G34. I really like the design. In addition to the normal snap connectors you had to push another button to open that latch. Even if the latch was opened there are a couple of snaps to snap it to your belt. It would be hard for someone to take that pouch from you. This is the nicest fanny pack style of holster that I have ever seen. Now do you think Billy Wison will let her shoot IDPA with this thing? OK, OK, I already know the answer. <_<

Clay - I ran our club's annual classifier match yesterday, and shot my CZ-75B for ESP. I used the Comp-Tac standard (non-locking) paddle holster I've had for a while, and a Wilderness Instructor belt, and there was no daylight. It's got a pretty big sight channel too. Just FYI.

Congrats RevChuck, it will be interesting to see more and more reports come in on which holsters make it with which guns a which matches. Sounds like you and your CZ are off to the start of a successful season.

I'm using the CompTac paddle (non-locking) with my new STI. It appears to be acceptable (emphasis on appears). :huh:

IMHO we are going to have to be patient and see what happens with some of the major matches and possibly the Nationals before anyone can say with any certainty that a particular holster, other than IWB, is acceptable or not.

Agreed MikeyG23. I was kind of hoping that they would use the early sanctioned matches as a test bed. In other words, they could look at your gear and tell you if after April they would rule against any of your stuff. I am going to the LA state match in month and I was hoping they would do it, but I guess that would be too difficult.

Agreed MikeyG23.  I was kind of hoping that they would use the early sanctioned matches as a test bed.  In other words, they could look at your gear and tell you if after April they would rule against any of your stuff.  I am going to the LA state match in month and I was hoping they would do it, but I guess that would be too difficult.

The LA state match is going to be run under the old rule book. However, Johnny Van Etta should be there and maybe he will have some insight.

I may go as well, if we both do we'll have to "meet & greet".

I bought Blade-Tech specifically for my Glocks with Dawson fiber optic front sights.

I use the less expensive one for the Glock 22 and the more expensive for the 34. There is good clearance of the front sight with both. The 34 holster covers the slide completely. It will fit in the 22 holster, but does not protect the extra length.

Sorry, both are paddle holsters and meet the new rules.