Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need someone to identify mag extensions for me

harryorwell

I made a trade for a used XDm 5.25 last year from a local that had a number of mods. I have most of the mod info but I didnt get the name of the mag extensions the guy put on the springfield mags he sold me. He sold me 5 total mags and two of them had extensions that allow 21 or 22 total depending on what day it is:) Anyway, I have been having some trouble lately with one of them locking up half way through loading. It has happened on both but one does it constantly. I want to take them apart and see what springs are used and to clean etc. but I can't figure out how to get the damn things apart nor can i identify them. They have a mark on them you will see in the pic but I am not an XDm afficianodo so i don't recognize it. Surely some of the XDm brotherhood can tell me who makes these, whether they are worth a sh%t and how to get them apart. Thanks in advance for your help.

post-39849-0-74659400-1426041749_thumb.j

Yeah, I just use the ones that came with them, never had an issue with any of them. I would probably try to get springs from them to ensure they are the correct length. I know they are longer than the standard springs but I can't remember by how much...maybe a coil or two. Have you cleaned them and looked for burrs, dents, damage?