Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sunflower Classic

pskys2

It was cool seeing some more BE members at the match! I didn't really have a chance to talk to Carmoney because I was going nuts trying to run 2 stages on one bay, but he is SLICK and accurate with a wheelie.

I finished 2nd place overall to GM Rick Byfield by 0.2 match points.

AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!! I had fun shooting with my friends, and making new ones while working the match. I am looking forward to next year, and hope that I can convince the match director(s) to make it a state sectional.

Maybe even include it in the Point Series. I first thought that it would add a layer of BS. But, after really thinking of it, and seeing the difficulty in prize aquisition, it may add a reason (other than FUN) to drive to and shoot some Trophy only, low fee matches. Hey Bill let's keep after CCPS, maybe they'll give in next year.

Either way, it was a grueling 2 days and lots of fun. Just wish I could have shot WITH all the other Revo's.

Really upset with myself for not getting a group Picture of us Hardcore IPSC Revo shooters, though!

Congrats Mike, you shot a good match. Of course I should have penalized you on "Dirty Harry" (the one I ran and ran and ran,..."Wheeeez") for all the FMC's that flew by me on your run. Course most of them flew in front of you, funny how they can outrun you when the fly off your belt.

I was mightily impressed when you didn't let it faze you. It looked like shrapnel flying by (you must have had 4 or 5 of them come out). Luckily you had just enough to finish. I had one guy who lost his "Big Stick" and couldn't engage the last targets completely. And half a dozen others who also lost their mags.

And Everyone was Panting at the end of that course!

I may donate a couple of the Caddies to the Area 3 also.

Looking forward to the Area 3, hope Sam doesn't run and shoot as fast as you shoot, or we'll both be in trouble.

Dave

Yeah, I knew I might lose a moonclip or two at a full run, but figured most of them would stay in place--didn't think they would go flying everywhere! I definitely should have put them back on the plastic posts where they belong for that stage, instead of leaving them hanging off the front edge. Fortunately, I had enough extras along with me, although at the end I had to revert to my old reload technique to get that last one I had way around behind my back! Fun stage, Dave you must have run off 50,000 calories ROing it! :)

Sam just recently switched over from the Model 10 to a moon-gun, a Model 646 (shooting minor), so we lost one advantage we had over him....

Mike