Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

75B and Blade-tech holster owners, does your gun "click" into

reshp1

I've had a blade-tech holster for my 75B stainless for a while and one of the things that I don't like about it is the gun doesn't really click into place. I didn't really notice this until I got my P-09 holster a few weeks ago and immediately noticed the difference. That one clicks in crisply and securely while the 75B one is more of a friction fit.

I read somewhere the models with the up-swept beaver tails have frames that are slightly different dimensions that makes holster fit problematic. I took a closer look on mine and sure enough, the trigger guard seems 0.1" short of going into the outline molded into the plastic.

Can someone with a 75B (preferably one with a up-swept beavertail) and a blade-tech holster please tell me if theirs actually clicks in? I'm wondering if this is normal, if I bought the wrong holster, got a bad one, and/or if there's anything I can do to modify the holster instead of having to get a new one.

This is the one I bought, by the way:
http://czcustom.com/btrhcz75sadohtek.aspx

I've got a 75 pre B in a Tac Tec Cal holster and the fit is impeccable but I haven't tried the blade tech. With a little heat and care you should be able to adjust the holster so that the pistol will seat fully. I just went through the process or fitting my slightly different GP6 blade tech holster to my new K100.

Try to identify where the gun is meeting resistance. If you have a heat gun and gloves it should be an easy fix.

Thanks for the tip. I did just that and now the gun seats into the holster. The muzzle end of the frame was hitting the holster. Softened it up with a hair dryer and was able to make a little extra room. It's still not quite as crisp of a click as my other one but does obviously snap in though. I think that had not to do with the big, square trigger guard on the p-09 though.

Edited by reshp1