Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

45 ACP reloading question Glock 36

virginiascout

I tried some trial rounds today. The load was winchester brass, a CCI300 primer, 5.3grains of bullseye, topped with a rainer 200 fp with a oal of 1.210. Very accurate load but I had 5 jams out of 50 shells. Was thinking the load is to light. I miced the case and only had the same expansion as factory ammo and .002 less that factory defense load. Was thinking that the load is to light to light to completly rack the slide. According to the load data I can go up to 6.6grains. Was thinking of going up to at least 6.0 slowly and watch the cases for pressure signs. Wanted any opinions on this issue or other ideas on what might be causing the jam.

Thanks

5.3 does sound a little light for bullseye.

What is your goal here? Are you looking for a load that is just over pf for IDPA/IPSC? All around shooting load?

If you want competition loads you're going ot need to check the load with a chronograph. I think you may fing that you will have to go a bit high (higher pf) to get the gun to cycle with bullseye. You might try something faster like Clays. You might also have to re-spring.