Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC Alex EAA Tanfoglio parts - thumb rest scope mount etc

BeerBaron

Hi guys,

I just wanted to put up a little post about some gear some of you may or may not know about. http://ipscalex.com/

It's a candadian guy who makes some nice parts for tanfogs and for 2011's too.

I wanted a different thumbrest for my eric custom/gold team to work with either my DAA quinn 90 mount of my cheely setback 90 mount. He makes a really nice one which is setback nicely (DAA was too far forward) and has really nice checkering on it. The best part is he includes all 4 replacement screws of the correct length to fit (I am sick of cutting down and turning down various screws so this was nice). They are stainless too.

He also makes a really need upright cmore mount which has stainless helicoils fitted for the cmore mount threads (much better than just tapping the alloy mount), has replacable blast shield and again it comes with all screws to fit mount to gun AND screws to fit cmore to mount (I've never had a mount come with those).

I don't normally make posts like this but I made a very small order with his store (an international one at that) and he not only delivered a good product for a fair price but he went out of his way to help me with some spares of another part I needed. Top service considering I was such a minor customer.

He also makes nice upright mounts for both cmore slide rides and RTS2's. They are double sided mounts and look like they'd be very rigid. He has really cool little carbon fibre battery cover wings for table starts as well as his own brand of lube and the thumb rest I mentioned.

Anyway, it's worth supporting guys who make these niche products for us tanfog shooters. Especially those who take the time to design them properly. The DAA quinn mount is great but it was obvious to me it was a 2011 mount just redrilled for a tanfog mount patter. IPSCAlex's stuff is clearly designed for the application.

I'm going to try out his blue lube at a state titles match and see how it goes. I've been looking for something somewhere between a thin oil like an Mpro7 and a thick grease like slide glide. I've got high hopes on this one.

check out his stuff - http://ipscalex.com/

:)