Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA match critique

FTDMFR

Hi guys,

It's that time again. I'd appreciate any feedback you guys have on my latest IDPA match:

One thing I noticed in this match is that muscle memory kind of bit me in the ass when it came to reloads (reaching for empty mag pouches when the mag is on the floor or in another pouch, going for a slide lock reload instead of a reload with retention, etc.) Any tips on how to train out of this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I would work more on stage rehearsal before shooting. You are a very good shooter and don't look like you are struggling with many skill sets. Just mentally rehearse when/where you are going to reload, and don't over complicate it. You know how to make a magazine change. Just imprint the details as part of your stage planning process. Nice shooting!

Agreed, it looks like you are fairly quick and accurate. Mental errors will kill ya everytime though. The last match I shot it seemed like I was going for a procedurals record, lol, just didn't have it mentally that day.

Shooting looked good - Just seemed like mental errors . Keep up the good work. +1 on 45 Raven - Looks nice to be shooting in short sleeves our last match it 18 degrees. hahahah

I'll trade you California weather for standard capacity magazines :P