Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How does a Decocker work on a CZ?

Gdub

I've never owned a decocker gun. I know when you flip the decocker lever up the hammer drops to a safety notch. Then what? With the hammer decocked and in a safety notch, do you have to flip the decocker lever down and shoot it double action? Can you pull the trigger with the decocker lever up and make the gun fire? Or when you push the decocker lever down does the hammer go back to single action?

Sorry for all the newby questions. I've never thought about owning a decocker gun but my boss is really looking at a P 01 and I told him I'd get all his questions answered.

Thanks,

You're right about the decocker function: it lowers the hammer to half cock when you depress the lever, then springs back to rest. At that point you can simply pull the trigger for a DA shot, or re cock the hammer with your thumb for a SA shot.

The decocker is a great feature for a carry gun to give you the safety of a DA first shot without having to manually lower the hammer on a live round every time you load up.

You're right about the decocker function: it lowers the hammer to half cock when you depress the lever, then springs back to rest. At that point you can simply pull the trigger for a DA shot, or re cock the hammer with your thumb for a SA shot.

The decocker is a great feature for a carry gun to give you the safety of a DA first shot without having to manually lower the hammer on a live round every time you load up.

Thats what I needed to know. As always thanks for your help!