Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Software platforms for registration and scoring

kirbinster

I am planning to get involved with setting up IDPA matches at a new club and was wondering what recommendations folks might have on platforms like shootnscoreit and practiscore for doing registrations and scoring. Which ones do you like best and why. I have noticed many clubs seem to use one for registration and the other for scoring and was wondering why. Also am I better off to go with nooks or android tablets versus ipads for scoring?

All input appreciated.

Thanks. To those of you that use Practiscore, have you explored shootnscoreit? I ask that because where I compete in USPSA for some reason they use shootnscoreit for registration and practiscore for results - but I would assume it is easier to use just one platform.

By "they" you refer some people from Area 6?

It is a matter of personal preference really.

As far as I know, the last two years, back to back nationals in UT were using clubs.practiwcore.com for match registration. Though the MD for those matches is the man who started PractiScore project in the first place.

The last year US IPSC nationals and Florida State match last week used matchsignup site for registration and scoted on PS on Android.

Edited by euxx