Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New shooter from the Midwest

Bryanbach

New to the forums and thought I could get some great advice from the community on my shotgun and pistol. I have a a Versamax Tactical and a Glock 34 and 35. Is there a reason to shoot the 35 over the 34? Also what modifications to I need to do to each?

Hey man, I'm new to the forum also, was just about to make a post till I saw the midwest! Where are you in the midwest? I bounce from Omaha to Denver and have shot matches (USPSA and 3Gun) in both locations. I'm no expert but I have some good experience, sounds like you have a great setup to begin with.

Nice, you aren't far at all, I've shot in Lincoln a bit too. Anyways, about the justification of the G34. I would say the 34 would be great for use in 3 gun as you don't need to shoot major, but maybe you could convert the 35 to 9mm and use it to save some $$. Not sure if that is legal though.

I have heard of people using those barrels but are they as reliable? I shoot factory ammo currently so would I need to adjust my recoil spring or change my ejector? I'm not sure if you have been to Louisville but they have some great matches there for both three gun and USPSA.

I recently bought a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel for my G22C and though I haven't shot it much I've had zero issues. I pulled the barrel from the packaging and dropped it in a brand new G22C (no lube) and it worked great, slow fire and rapid. I'll have to get back with you on the long term testing. With these conversion barrels you do not need to swap ejectors and in Gen 1-3 there is no need to swap recoil springs. Yes, I have been to Louisville, I assume your talking abut ENGC Eastern Nebraska Gun Club? Its a nice club, I try to shoot there whenever I get the chance, my first ever was a steel match.

Yes, the ENGC is what I am talking about. I will have to research more into those barrels. Have you modified your trigger at all? I recently put a Zev in my g35 and it is a huge improvement in pre travel as well as pull weight.

I have made some trigger modifications but nowhere near full Zev. Just 3.5 connector and a trigger spring, I've heard the Zevs are great for the most part. I shoot CZ 75 tactical Sports and the triggers are pretty sweet out of the box.

I am thinking of keeping the g34 slide and just selling the frame as they are interchangeable. I have some money in the g35 frame and can't see spending the same amount for the exact same gear in the g34 when I can just swap frames.