Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Finger

jstagn

No, not my actual trigger finger but the finger next to the pinky on my weak hand. Little knot at the base of the finger, painful to bend all the way in. Warm water and a slight message seems to help. Interested in other remedies...

Do you mean stenosing tenosynovitis, aka 'trigger finger'?

Back in 2007 and 2009 I had to have two surgeries, one for my middle finger on the left hand and the other for the ring finger on my right hand. It was a an out-patient procedure under a local anesthetic where the surgeon made a small incision to relieve the sheath that the inflamed tendon passes thru.

Prior to the surgery I tried massage and acupuncture but after about 6 months or so I was losing strength in each hand and it also became painful especially in the mornings.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a bad case of trigger finger in both hands from many years of polishing cars and using grinders daily. It's better the less I do :( My fingers start off stiff in the morning if I'm doing to much and if I keep pushing it, they lock and move like some kind of robot! I am definitely supposed to stay away from guns!!...That ain't going to happen.

I've had this problem for about twelve years now and I'd like to think it's getting better, but it hasn't so far. It keeps me from shooting/dryfiring, working and exercising as much as I'd like, especially with chronic tennis elbow in both arms as well. I'm not very trusting of letting someone hack away on my hands and arms??? I just grin and bare it and think about "Nubs" shooting with no hands and think I'm pretty lucky.

Edited by smiley1