Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do's and Don't

IanLock

Hi everyone,

How do you know what can and carnt be polished/touched or grinded in a shot gun action to make it smoother/faster and more reliable? :huh:

Auto or pump

Polish off any wear marks? :huh:

in general what has to be done? :huh:

Any help would be greatfully received :D

Ian,

Search back through the threads on this forum - there are several that cover a lot, of ground and have pictures. If you like what you see, append a one-line reply (thanking us for the helpful info). This refreshes the helpful note and drags it to the top so the next guy can find it easier...

I checked, and here are the two threads that I was thinking of.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19331

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...=15780&hl=m1100

Then there is Pat Sweeney's book, which is terrific to have if you are playing with your shotguns, and then will get other folks attention and end up playing with their shotguns...

Billski

Thanks for the help,

I ordered Patricks book and it should be with me by the 18th. :D

You see mike.45 built me a browning Gold, with all the bells and whistles to shoot in limited. Works perfectly by the way. But my other auto that i use for modifyed is in need of a little work.

Dont laugh...... ;)

Its a Franchi Variomax 912 :rolleyes:

I said no laughing :huh:

I wanted to be different and it was the my first shotgun. I had a mag extension custom made for it, slaped a tru-glow open red dot on it and took a bit off the shell lifter to stop the 'pinch' But the action needs some work and maybe a trigger job. :D

i carnt seem to figure out what the small rod is for, as you look through the ejection port with the bolt locked back, level with the bolt face on the other side of the reciever, in amongst what i belive to be the guide rails for the bolt? Have any of your guns got this? :huh: I think it might have something to do with the shell lifter??

Can you shed any light :D

Thanks.

Ian:

You have piqued my interest. When I am over for the Open I would like to see your setup. In general you question was a bit on the vage side. It would depend entirely on which shotgun you wanted to polish/gind/modify, as to what you do to it. Mikey certainly sets up a great Gold, and after I get there he will be MORE than set on the Dusky Hued Satain Mistresses from Italy ( Benelli ). KURTM

Cool B)

Heard alot about you from mike,

Be good to meet you and get a bit of advice.

I'm hoping to come and shoot the RM3g aswell. A certain Mr Buchannan is helping me out with that one. :D

I'll keep you posted as to how i get on with the smithing, perhapes mike can help with the Franchi. ;) and my shooting ;):P

Regards

Ian.