Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland ALS holster

Setting up a belt for my wife and daughter to use. Just picked up a Safariland ALS holster and would like to use a TekLok with it but the holes are not lining up right. Anyone use a TekLok with theirs and can give me an idea on how to do it?

Thanks

I set mine up with an Invictus Practical dropped/offset bracket and a teklok. It took a bit of filing to the holes in the teklok to get the alignment I wanted, but overall I'm pleased with the result. It gets the holster out and down slightly, and is quite secure.

When using the IP holster hanger with a ALS holster and the TekLok is that it isn't a perfect match as seen in my photos above. While it LOOKS like there is a lot of up/down adjustment, only 1 set of holes lines up with all 3 attachment points on the hanger. Additionally, while it LOOKS like you can adjust the cant, it only lines up right with one set of holes in the TekLok even though the hanger is slotted. Something about the geometry of the fixed holes and slot aren't quite right so it only lines up straight up and down. So, I had to notch the TekLok so the holster sat straight up and down. Finally, out of the box, the holster was tipped such that the grip was away from the belt, and the muzzle was almost touching my leg. A little persuasion with a vise and it's now straight up and down.

Even so, it's rock solid and it does what I wanted which was get the gun out and down a bit from where it was just using the TekLok.

Hope that helps.