Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help with PW autodrive initial setup on S1050

My PW autodrive finally arrived and now I'm having trouble setting it up. I followed all the instructions until you need to make the adjustments. I try and rotate it by hand, but it won't make a complete revolution. I believe I need to adjust the actuating arm either longer or shorter, but for the love of god I can't get the lock nuts to budge. I tried 2 wrenches and the nut is starting to round. Is there something I am doing wrong?

This is how far it will go before the clutch kicks in...

16042662626_8a44c3b9d3_z.jpg16066540381_17e0bb6d14_z.jpg

Almost looks like it is binding on the shaft the lever mounts too. What direction do you have it rotating?

Adjustable wrenches are made to be a last ditch tool. They are best at rounding nuts and bolts.

Get a box end wrench or a 6 point socket is even better.

Edited by jmorris

I actually took the arm off and put it in a vise. Used a combination wrench and it still wouldn't budge. I can only assume PW used air tools on something meant to be hand tightened.

This is the final result on the nut..

16067984732_3fb466a54d_z.jpg

You can probably feel my frustration. My autodrive took 4 days to ship when it was supposed to in 1-2 days. Shipper forgot to put my unit number on the address label so I had to call to get that fixed and delivered the next day. The day of delivery the Fedex driver decided to cut his day short and say I wasn't home when He tried to deliver. Then I had to call Fedex to complain and go pick it up on the next day. I finally get my autodrive and the bolts are so tight the bolts holding my vise on a 1" ply workbench almost ripped out. Now I have to wait til Monday to call PW and most likely have to send the arm back to them and wait another 2 weeks before I can be back up and running.