Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for a Gold Cup Holster

MTGlass

I've come into a Series 70 Natl. Match Gold Cup. I'm looking for a good competition type Kydex holster for use in SS & maybe the odd local SC, 3-gun or outlaw matchs.

IIRC, the Gold Cup trigger guard is wider than standard 1911's. Can anyone recommend a Bladetech DOH or similar that fits the Gold Cup, or will any 1911 holster work?

Thanks!

Yes, the Gold Cup wider trigger will be a problem. I would HIGHLY recommend that any holster you get for the Gold Cup (or any gun for that matter) you holster the gun UNLOADED with the safety OFF, grip the gun so the grip safety is deactivated an make sure the hammer doesn't fall.

My Gold Cup WILL fire in a 1911 Blade Tech holster if the safety is off. I carry that gun in a Milt Sparks Summer Special holster and that works fine, but it's not really the way to go for USPSA.

Steve Pitt

Thanks for correcting me on the wider trigger; not trigger guard.

Blade-Tech does seem to have a Gold Cup option in the OWB D/OS line, SKU HOLX000818461494.

Their Pro-Series Speed Rig holster only has a Colt 1911 5" option.

The gun was actually bequeathed to my son (16) & he wants a holster for Christmas.

Any other recommendations before I "pull the trigger" on an OWB?

My favorite carry holsters were made by David Elderton and he was big into the various 1911 styles. I have one for my Gold Cup that is at least fifteen years old and still going strong. Here is the only link I can find BUT think that after many problems his business might now be defunct??