Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hooked another one.

JCollett

I am coming back to shooting USPSA after about a five year lay-off ( moved for job no clubs local). I live in Indiana and have been relegated to shooting at an indoor range. This range will let you do draws and reloads if your a known quanitity. I met a guy who was drawing his glock 17 from a fobus holster . We started talking and he said he wanted to start shooting competition. Music to my ears. He wasn't kidding, we have been shooting 500- 700 rounds a week for the last month and a half. In that time he is now shooting a Xd 9 Tactical out of a Bladetech and picked up active ears, belt and shooting bag.

We have been doing basic drills and exercices..draws and reloads..bill drills..dot drills..shooting groups. I found a club in Ohio that shoots a Monday night league and told him we should go. He was concerned he wasn't ready but I convinced him otherwise. So off we went.

The match was an indoor affair that was very basic and straight forward..perfect for his first one. He shot the stages accurately and safely and had an absolute BLAST!! He actually let out a whoop when he was finished! All he talked about on the 1.5 hour ride home was how much he enjoyed the shooting, the rush from the moving and shooting and most important ..say it with me..the PEOPLE. He couldn't believe that peolpe were actually loading his mags for him between strings ( 3 24 round strings back to back).

Needless to say he is firmly hooked .

Thanks 3/4.

I am looking foward to shootjng about every weekend when the weather turns. Till then myself and a friend are going to start shooting over in Dayton. There is the league at Miamisburg on monday nights and B.Seevers emailed me letting me know they shoot at a place called Sim-Tac on Tuesday nights. If anybody wants to go over and shoot with us drop me an e-mail. We are going to shoot Monday this week.

I look foward to meeting all the local forum members. This forum is a great resource for info and opinions from good people in our sport.

I met Rhino at the last Atlanta match in Dec. Very nice guy.