Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 19 RMR Project

rugerp89ipsc

Hey fellas, seems like RMR Glocks come up on a pretty regular basis around here and other forums, so I thought I would share a project I just started. Here's a write-up I did for TGR:

Glock 19 RMR Project

I've been shooting Glocks for a long time and this is always something I wanted to try. I haven't decide what I am going to do for a trigger yet, but I'm all ears... I'd like to try a Zev, but I have been very pleased with the trigger job I did for my Glock 34s, which is just a Zev spring kit and 3.5 connect polished heavily.

For the guys shooting open, what distance are you zeroing your dot? I hear 25 and 50, but I was wondering if 50 had much POI POA difference for close targets.

I am also curious if anyone else who has tuned their recoil system has run the pistol suppressed much to see if it effects feeding.

In the next month or so, I hope to have some really detailed pictures of the slide work for yall and maybe a few videos shooting it suppressed and unsuppressed at a Steel Challenge match or something. I don't have a comp that would fit this threading, but I think I still have a CR Speed Glock holster laying around I could use.

post-12144-0-65658800-1417379518_thumb.j

I see you have the dual illuminated RMR. Which dot size, shape and color did you go with? Is it bright enough for USPSA style shooting in sunny, cloudy, or mixed conditions (shaded spots)? Looks good. Thanks.

From the article he linked to "Trijicon RMR04 – Dual Illuminated 7 MOA Amber Dot." I use the same sight on my M&P CORE but I'm using the 12.9 MOA dot which is really too big but it works great for steel challenge which is my primary use for it. Mine works well in all lighting conditions.

I see you have the dual illuminated RMR. Which dot size, shape and color did you go with? Is it bright enough for USPSA style shooting in sunny, cloudy, or mixed conditions (shaded spots)? Looks good. Thanks.

From the article he linked to "Trijicon RMR04 – Dual Illuminated 7 MOA Amber Dot." I use the same sight on my M&P CORE but I'm using the 12.9 MOA dot which is really too big but it works great for steel challenge which is my primary use for it. Mine works well in all lighting conditions.

Yep 7 MOA Amber dot. I like it a lot, I think it would work well for USPSA. That beings said, I think for strictly USPSA shooting, a Cmore or something that you can adjust the dot works better. So far (3-4 weeks of time with the gun), The only problem I have run into outdoors shooting was not related to the dot not being visible, but bloom. In bright conditions, the 7MOA dot looks more like a 10-12 MOA dot, which I personally think is too large for smaller plates and some tight shots.

I got some time today running it on a plate rack and it was great. I used some 124 soft ammo and was able to blaze pretty well considering temps and went. I also didn't have issues shooting 6" plates at 40ish yards. I could do that with my G34, but it takes a little more focus. This was relatively easy. For close in shooting, irons still seem to be faster, but this shines on distance. I still only have a few hundred rounds through the gun as is right now, but I am really enjoying the versatility. I will get creamed in Open Div, but I am going to shoot it at the next Steel Challenge match assuming I get a holster set up before then.

I zeroed it today at 50 yards and that seems to be working alright so far.

• 4 weeks later...