Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone make +0 basepads longer than .300"?

darkvibe

Like the title says. Anyone know of any? Currently using Dawson ez off .300" baepads on 10 round mags here behind enemy lines in NY. They stick out about 1/4" beyond the magwell when seated. When i was out of state I found the longer TTI +5 basepads are much more forgiving to seat with full mags because they stick out past my zev magwell further. They are also easier to grab and pull out on a malfunction. Sadly, I am limited to 10d mags in this great state. Anyone know of basepads that would make my mags 140mm but are +0? All I can find are .300" or shorter.

If none exist has anyone attempted to have one of the manufacturers like TTI make some without the pocket milled for extra capacity?

My last resort would be to buy +5 extensions and fill the pocket with epoxy up to where the bottom of the mag body is and try it with a cut spring.

Like the title says. Anyone know of any? Currently using Dawson ez off .300" baepads on 10 round mags here behind enemy lines in NY. They stick out about 1/4" beyond the magwell when seated. When i was out of state I found the longer TTI +5 basepads are much more forgiving to seat with full mags because they stick out past my zev magwell further. They are also easier to grab and pull out on a malfunction. Sadly, I am limited to 10d mags in this great state. Anyone know of basepads that would make my mags 140mm but are +0? All I can find are .300" or shorter.

If none exist has anyone attempted to have one of the manufacturers like TTI make some without the pocket milled for extra capacity?

My last resort would be to buy +5 extensions and fill the pocket with epoxy up to where the bottom of the mag body is and try it with a cut spring.

Was this what you had in mind?

http://tarantacticalinnovations.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=44_49&products_id=218

http://tarantacticalinnovations.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=44_49&products_id=218

The +300's don't fit in the USPSA/IDPA box. How tall are the ones you linked?

The +300's don't fit in the USPSA/IDPA box. How tall are the ones you linked?

It's the same size as our small one, height wise. Here's a video of them fitting the IPSC box.

Problem is, they're significantly heavier than the smalls. So if he's shooting USPSA production, for instance, he'll get bumped out of the division because of weight. Sounds like he's saying he wants more than .300, though. .680 is the height on the +0s we have.

Edited by TaranTactical

It's the same size as our small one, height wise. Here's a video of them fitting the IPSC box.

Problem is, they're significantly heavier than the smalls. So if he's shooting USPSA production, for instance, he'll get bumped out of the division because of weight. Sounds like he's saying he wants more than .300, though. .680 is the height on the +0s we have.

I'm confused without a picture of the +0 basepads you linked to above. It says they fit in the IPSC and USPSA box which I thought was a basepad shorter than .300" but in the post I quoted here you say .680" height. Do I misunderstand something or do the +0 basepads you linked to not fit in the box because they are .680" tall despite the descriptioin on the site saying they do?

I am shooting Limited 10 so the box doesn't apply to me. Neither should weight. Only the 140mm mag length to the best of my understanding of the rules.

Thanks for the help so far everyone. Sorry for the slow replies, work strarted blocking this site in the web filter.