Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

K9 Large Frame Magazine

SISIG

I have a K9 large frame magazine for my S2 and I discover something as I was getting ready to install Wolff extra power spring that the Wolf is to narrow and would require spreading the spring to fit the base pad. The OEM spring are actually wider and just snap on the follower and the base pad.

Has anybody installed the extra power spring in there large frame S2 K9 magazine? I could cut and bend the wolff springs to fit but the OEM springs seem sturdy as well.

I use the stock springs and don't see a reason to replace them. I have over 5000 rounds downrange between my stock 2 and stock 3 and have never had an issue with the magazines or anything else in either gun.

I would leave them alone until, and if, you have any problems, then I would replace them.

I was going to ask as well. What the issue was with the old ones? I have never replaced any of mine since day one and they all run perfect. If I ran into issues where I thought it was the magazine or wanted to do a refresh, stock springs would go back in.

I was going to ask as well. What the issue was with the old ones? I have never replaced any of mine since day one and they all run perfect. If I ran into issues where I thought it was the magazine or wanted to do a refresh, stock springs would go back in.

No issue whatsoever with the current one it just part of tuning my magazine that I did with my Cz's. The issue is the wolff spring they are made for small frame magazine, if you have a large frame with the insert inside you need to expand the coil to fit the follower and the base pad. I will take pics when I get a chance.