Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm blue dot?

Shmella

I recently picked up my first open gun in 9mm and have been searching the forum for powder choices. I made a list of what to look for but with powder availability im pretty much limited to what i can get right now. some blue dot came up for sale locally so i scooped it up and was wondering if anyone uses it regularly or has a load with it. The gun is a 2011 with an akai two gill comp and 6-1/8" poppel holes in v pattern. I have titegroup on hand and figured blue dot is better than that at least. Input?

Hello: I have used Blue Dot since I bought 6 lbs real cheap from a shotgunner. I use 115 grain bullets and don't think you will be able to make major with that gun and 115's. Tite Group should not be used for an open gun since it is too fast. Thanks, Eric

im looking forward to seeing the difference between the two loads. no way i was waiting to find powder so i shot off all the ammo i had loaded up. (only 200 rds) how is it though? i have 124g jhp mg on order. anyone work up a load with 124 that works alright with blue dot?