Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why dont IDPA penalties show after creating a stage

weldon20

I have been playing with Practiscore creating test matches and overall I have figured most of it out but this. I create a stage and go in to enter scores and the standard IDPA penalties do not show. The four penalties that should be there ie FTDR,procedural,HNT and FTN do not come up.

I can add them under the edit penalties button with some work on my part but I know they should be there already as I have seen them there sometimes in other test matches I have created.

I have purchased and rooted two Nooks and use a Kindle Fire as the master device for background information.

Are there any decent .pdf manuals available out there for PS?

I don't have an Android tablet with me so I can't tell you the exact steps but go into build stages and look for Penalties and tap that. You may find them listed there but they do not have a check beside them. Tap each one which should put a check and then they should show up on the scoring screen. I'll double check this tonight when I have access to an Android tablet.

You are correct that if they are listed under "Edit Penalties" they will show up after you enter the target scores. I have that part down Ok. My issue is they are not even listed under "Edit Penalties" and since they are not there they will not show up after scoring the targets. I can add them and they will be there but I must be doing something wrong when setting up a match for them to be there sometimes and not other times.

If they are there you do not have to check the boxes as they go in automatically

Edited by weldon20

You are correct that if they are listed under "Edit Penalties" they will show up after you enter the target scores. I have that part down Ok. My issue is they are not even listed under "Edit Penalties" and since they are not there they will not show up after scoring the targets. I can add them and they will be there but I must be doing something wrong when setting up a match for them to be there sometimes and not other times.

If they are there you do not have to check the boxes as they go in automatically

Which version of PractiScore are you working with? When I setup the test IDPA match they were listed and already checked. I tested with 1.2.24.

That is the same version I am using on my Kindle Fire HD. Somewhere I am doing something wrong or maybe omitting a step.

Are there any manuals out there applicable to the use of Practiscore for IDPA scoring?

When it does work correctly after you enter the score for the last target the penalties will come up as noted by ZackJones above. I can tell it works correctly because I can see the penalties in the "Edit Penalties" section and they are greyed out with the boxes checked so I know it is going to work. If i don't see that it will not work. As i noted above if I don't see them I can add them and then it works but I know they should be there at all times, I should not have to add them.

ZackJones is correct with his last statement.

Let me see if I can explain this correctly

I just created a match called TEST and made it an IDPA match, level 1. I then created the registration form and again checked IDPA where required and had it enter the standard IDPA fields. I then registered myself in this match. I did this all on my desktop PC.

I then went to my Kindle Fire and sync'd it with the newly created match which then made this TEST match the current active match on the Kindle. I then went in to "Build Stages" and then "Edit Penalties. There is a button there that will allow you to "Add New Penalty" and I can do that but I don't believe I should have to. At this point I should see the standard IDPA penalties on the screen but I do not. I believe that they should be shown and when shown they are kind of greyed out meaning you can't change them. I base this on the point that I have seen them in this screen in the past. In other words, if they are on this screen I know everything is OK and if not on this screen, they won't show up after you enter the target data for the stage. For some reason I have never been able to repeat seeing them there again.

At this point the Kindle has the TEST match as active and the stage has been built.

I then go back to my PC and approve me for registration. I go back to the Kindle and sync it to PS for the match registration for me. I enter the scores on the Kindle and never see the penalties. I go to review and they don't show. There is something I am doing wrong or missing as step or not checking a box or ??? Everything else is fine, this is the only issue I have at this point.

We will be using the new system on Sunday for a match. We have 2 NST that I rooted from Root and Score it. I have everything working correct as far as the penalties go as I added them. Once that is complete I will delete PS from the Kindle and install it again and see if that solves the issue. I tend to think it is not that but something I am not doing when building the match, registration form or stages.

Frustrating!

I see... So, you did not mention in your first post that you creating your matches on the clubs web site and then syncing them down to devices using match pin#. So, currently web site does not create default penalties configuration and you need to edit it on device after pulling match down using pin#.

Well, not club website but the PS website, but I believe you are implying that. I never thought I could do it anyother way but the way I do it.

Can I do it all on the Master device?

Should I be doing it all on the Master device?

Would that solve my problem/issue?

I think I am going to have to try it that way and see what happens.

euxx:

I created the match and registration form on my master device, the Kindle Fire instead of my PC. I used the form and registered for the match and I approved myself for the match all on the Kindle. Unfortunately nothing changed. No penalties were added. I guess my next step is to delete PS form the Kindle and re-install it.

I am doing something wrong, I don't believe the issue is the Kindle.

Even though you're doing stuff on the Kindle you're actually creating the registration form on the clubs.practiscore.com web site so you shouldn't see any different behavior between the two. For our steel challenge match I have folks register on clubs.practiscore.com and when I get an email that someone has registered I just add them to the master. There's a bug on the clubs.practiscore.com web site that prevents me from downloading the registration for steel challenge. For me it's no big deal to enter folks as they register for the match. It only takes a few seconds per shooter to add them to the master.

As euxx pointed out if you pull registration from clubs.practiscore.com you'll have to recreate the penalties. Which is easier for you to do is something you'll have to decide.

Please note:

"I created the match and registration form on my master device, the Kindle Fire instead of my PC. I used the form and registered for the match and I approved myself for the match all on the Kindle"

I still did not see the penalties.

So my question to the both of you is this:

What is the BEST method to use to create the match, create the registration form, approve the shooters and create the stages that will show the penalties?

Create match on the clubs site. Configure divisions, categories, etc. there. Enable registration and get people registered. After that you have two options:

1) Once registration is completed, import match to master device (this will create a new match on device, at least on Android that is) using match pin# (you should be able to use import by pin# multiple times too and it should update existing match). Then edit/enable penalties on this device.

2) Create match on master device, configure divisions and categories again on device. Edit/enable penalties. Then export your match registration from the clubs site as a CSV spreadsheet, get that CSV file to master device and import it into the match you created there (you can re-import list multiple times).

After that you can sync to scoring tables and continue.

The second option can be used with other registration sites, or even if you want to do manual registration in Excel.

Create match on the clubs site. Configure divisions, categories, etc. there. Enable registration and get people registered. After that you have two options:

1) Once registration is completed, import match to master device (this will create a new match on device, at least on Android that is) using match pin# (you should be able to use import by pin# multiple times too and it should update existing match). Then edit/enable penalties on this device.

2) Create match on master device, configure divisions and categories again on device. Edit/enable penalties. Then export your match registration from the clubs site as a CSV spreadsheet, get that CSV file to master device and import it into the match you created there (you can re-import list multiple times).

After that you can sync to scoring tables and continue.

The second option can be used with other registration sites, or even if you want to do manual registration in Excel.

I've used method one last month with no issues. Standard IDPA penelities showed up as avaialbe.