Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

800x 38 super... A bit much.

Open1215

Wow! Ok I feel a bit better now for not taking all his advice. I asked him about hs6 and he tried to sell me 800x saying they where almost the same. I know they are close on a burn rate but not as "interchangable" as he made it seem. Plus I had a # already and wasn't a fan of how it tossed for 9mm around starting charges. thank you for the heads up. I don't like to support people who price hike, however I did want to try autocomp (and I'm happy I did). I have found a few more local shops to look at for powder now.

Back in the hey days we found by experiment that some shotgun powders worked well in .38 supers it got dicey when trying to go major but for local matches it worked fine WSF, WSL were the easiest to find when all others were no available . Win. now has data for these powders but keep in mind they are flakey and mud up an action at higher pressure

Edited by Vincentaa7

I've heard it's the cats ass for 10mm. I read somewhere that underwood or double tap use it for the nuclear 135g they put out? Idk. I am going to try it with a 140g led and 10mm and see what I can do with my hunter. I can find plenty of it so If I can use it and shoot well with it I will for now. The few I shot although hot as shit where VERY accurate. And that was with plated. "Thick plated" but still. I know people wonder about them at high speeds.

Back in the hey days we found by experiment that some shotgun powders worked well in .38 supers it got dicey when trying to go major but for local matches it worked fine WSF, WSL were the easiest to find when all others were no available . Win. now has data for these powders but keep in mind they are flakey and mud up an action at higher pressure

Good to know. I will keep look out for that. I Don't plan on running this charge again for plinking. Once I get the comp and ports installed if it takes 8g to make maj Ill work up to it but I will at the least know the brass and primers can handle it.

I shot some out of my open glock but I didn't really get much data and never went over 6 grains because I got 3n38 and autocomp and I didn't have to weigh them by hand.