Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bumping safety on help

bthoefer

Sometimes there is wear on the plunger that changes the shape of it. Other times the thumb safety has worn where it rides over the plunger. Lastly maybe a different spring. All these things can be a factor after enough use.

This gun is basically brand new. Less than 1,000 rounds through it and just now starting to feel broken in. It's not an issue of worn parts since this has been a problem for me since getting the gun, same issue with 2 different safeties.

You going to narrow the width of the safety yet or continue to not solve the issue by thinking its a different issue?

I don't think it is the width, I had the same issue with the stock STI safety which is about half the width of the Ed brown I have on there now. If anything I had more problems with a narrower safety, including riding the slide with my strong hand thumb and keeping it out of battery. I did take some material off the bottom of the left safety to reduce the contact with my left hand.

I have the issue solved for me. I drilled the detent notch out deeper in the safety and have not had a single issue since.

I appreciate the help from all.

Thanks again.

Edited by bthoefer