Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 1050 primer shuttle slamming into primer slide stop

Been fighting my 1050 priming system all night and am tapping out. The first issue, it would not let the shuttle go all the way forward which was causing the press to hang. Took the primer shuttle out and cleaned the track, and it went all the way forward. Now, it slams into the primer shuttle stop when the handle is raised. I haven't changed anything. And ideas on this one? It sounds like it is hitting hard enough to make it fail at some point. Please help. Loading up my Nats ammo and don't need this headache

THANKS

The rubber bushing on the primer slide is new, and the bushing/punch are.flush with the casting. My concern now is the loud click that the primer slide makes when it hits the primer slide stop. Seems to be hitting the stop very hard and is way louder than it used to be or maybe I am just noticing it now because of the other issues if it's not a real concern

Good deal.

it's probably just to much spring pressure on one side of the STUPID COTTER PIN.

go to hobby store and get a stainless hinge pin, smaller diameter of the cotter pin and same

length, I think mine is a Traxxas .

it will run smooth as silk and never skip a primer.