Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli bolt stuck back

rtr

Twice yesterday I fired my M2 and the bolt got stuck in open, I couldn't push it forward or push the bolt release button. It was during a match so in the rush I'm not sure how I fixed it. Both times the round fired before the bolt stuck open was a slug, first time an extreme slug (never shot before) and second a Speer (which I have shot a bunch of out of this gun without problems). Both times the 12 round mag tube was fully loaded. I have had this M2 for probably 6 or 7 years and haven't replaced anything but the magazine tube spring. So any ideas about why it would do this? It ran fine rest of the match with birdshot and fiocchi 1oz low recoil slugs.

Not sure if this is the case but on my Mossberg with a 9 rd tube fully loaded I can only have one slug in the tube (8 birdshot +1 slug). Reason being the slugs are a little longer and there isn't enough room in the tube to allow enough room to release the next shell. The tube will hold 7+2 slugs but will not release the next shell. Hope this makes sense.