Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New SP01 on its way; upgrades for USPSA Production under $200

burttrans

I have the SP01 that I am upgrading as I can. Sights should be 1st. I didn't do it that way, but wish I had. Just put Cajun fiber front and fixed target rear on last week. You will only need a hammer, punch and some locktite and you should be good to go. Oh, and some sand paper and a bit of time.

I shot this morning with a friend who had a stock cz 75. I couldn't believe the difference my sights made between the two. My action is nicer of course, but I shot both at 15 yds and it was the sights that made the most difference. I have the Cajun sear, race hammer and spring set. But those sights are most important for quick target acquisition at any distance. Great guns, for sure. I've handled a couple that were shadow smooth with some work.

Edited by blueeyephil

You can do a lot of the work yourself if you take your time, the get the STRS CZC will need it to do that work.

Yes I will just take my time and I should be good; I am just afraid of losing small spring or another small part but not big deal I just order one if I do.

What is STRS you are talking about??

I have the SP01 that I am upgrading as I can. Sights should be 1st. I didn't do it that way, but wish I had. Just put Cajun fiber front and fixed target rear on last week. You will only need a hammer, punch and some locktite and you should be good to go. Oh, and some sand paper and a bit of time.

I shot this morning with a friend who had a stock cz 75. I couldn't believe the difference my sights made between the two. My action is nicer of course, but I shot both at 15 yds and it was the sights that made the most difference. I have the Cajun sear, race hammer and spring set. But those sights are most important for quick target acquisition at any distance. Great guns, for sure. I've handled a couple that were shadow smooth with some work.

I agree sights are top priority and I think I will go with CGW like you recommend that is what I am leaning toward. I have done sights before so should be pretty basic job.

I will be ordering some parts on Monday and should have them here and ready to go when I pick my gun up next Saturday.

Thanks for the suggestions and good ideas!

Personally I like the fixed shadow rear but a .100 or .090 wide Dawson fo sight in the height you want is worthwhile.

Assuming you have a shadow (no fpb) and its 100% stock I'd go:

Pre-b disco (or cgw equivalent)

11lb recoil spring

13 or 11lb hammer spring

The Dawson front sight

Extended firing pin with reduced power spring

If you have money still then next would be

Comp hammer

Hammer and disco pins

Cgw trigger pin

Do some cleaning up of the trigger group parts

Old style 85c trigger (not for everyone)

Reduced trigger return spring

That will make a great shadow. :)

Personally I like the fixed shadow rear but a .100 or .090 wide Dawson fo sight in the height you want is worthwhile.

Assuming you have a shadow (no fpb) and its 100% stock I'd go:

Pre-b disco (or cgw equivalent)

11lb recoil spring

13 or 11lb hammer spring

The Dawson front sight

Extended firing pin with reduced power spring

If you have money still then next would be

Comp hammer

Hammer and disco pins

Cgw trigger pin

Do some cleaning up of the trigger group parts

Old style 85c trigger (not for everyone)

Reduced trigger return spring

That will make a great shadow. :)

I have or will have this Saturday the SP01. David at CGW has been getting regular SP01 with some very good trigger pulls. I will be putting order in tomorrow for Shadow Hammer Kit, Sights, SRS Firing Pin, hammer spring etc; I will have a pretty good USPSA Production gun for under $900. I got one good deal on NIB SP 01 for $586 cash from a dealer I have been buying from for close to 20 years.