Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

iPad - Nexus 7 Practiscore sync issue

Rob Tompkins

Can't find any recent discussion on this and before I do a Mantis report I want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

I've been using Practiscore on Nexus 7 tables for IDPA scoring for several years and recently I got a deal on a refreb'd iPad Air and downloaded Practiscore - very different look, especially with the bigger screen. Sync'd a couple old matches and all worked well.

So this past Sat we ran a two squad match and I went to sync from the two Nexus 7's on to the iPad. First tablet went fine, second tablet went fine execpt it reported that new stages, penalties, divisions, classes, as well as shooters and scores were found - odd I thought. I go to look as the scores and only half of them were there. Tried resyncing each tablet and still no joy, got the same new stages, etc. message every time. Then I noticed that every sync attempt from the iPad created a NEW match on the iPad - I had FOUR matches with the same name.

Is there something I did or didn't do on the iPad to cause this? The nexus 7's are running 1.2.18 and the iPad had the latest version on iTunes 1.6.5 as I recall.

For the match results i just sync'd the two Nexus 7 tablets back and forth so I had a redundant copy.

Try creating a new match on the iPad but don't create any stages, etc and then try to sync from the nexus. On the first sync you should see several changes such as match name, etc. hopefully when you sync the second only scores will come across. If you still have problems and will share your match files I will test with latest beta versions.

Rob, it would make much more sense to report these kind of issues to support@practiscore.com

We will be able to guide you trough how you could provide us with more information to allow us to reproduce and fix your issue.

Rob, it would make much more sense to report these kind of issues to support@practiscore.com

We will be able to guide you trough how you could provide us with more information to allow us to reproduce and fix your issue.

I will, I just wanted to see if anyone had any quick insight, thought I might have set something wrong.