Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sighting in problems

rack&roll

Due to my aging eyes, I just purchased a mount and adaptor for my C-More STS to go on my STI Edge .40. (It's for a Bomar sight-cut.) It went on easily, and fits great.

My problem is- when sighting it in even with elevation adjusted all the way up...it shoots about 6" low @ 25yrds. What can I do to fix this? Possibly a shim? If so, what to shim it with, and how thick?

I also noticed that when shooting, if the dot goes just a little lower than halfway down in the glass, it disappears! Like there is a line that the dot cannot cross without vanishing. Is this normal?

I appreciate any help you can offer.

I had exactly the same problem with a Glock 17, no way could I make it zero. I contacted C-More and they said it was a drop in fixture.

I sweated blood making shims from feeler guages but i got so frustrated in the end I sold the sight ,then the Pistol.

C-More do make shim packs so do other dealers.. I now shoot a 2011 with side mount and a Railway, I have had no problems since.

Hope you sort out the problem,

Regards, Malcolm.

If you can help me with my specific questions, I would really appreciate it. I am going the route I'm going for financial reasons, and I really don't want to invest in a 9mm or 38super open blaster at this moment. I already have two .40 barrels, 1 will be ported, 1 not ported. I will still have my limited gun intact, the slide ports will just become lightning ports when I put the Bomar back on and use the non ported barrel. If you have any ideas on sighting my gun in "as it is" I thank you in advance. :rolleyes:

BTW- I really don't want to drill holes in my gun's frame for resale purposes, if I ever really decide to sell it to fund a "real" open gun.