Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newbie poster asks about Franchi LAW-12 shotgun

steelsetter

Does the Franchi use one of the "standard" choke tube sizes/threads? Colonial makes tubes that fit just about everything including many of the imports. You might call Brownells (800-741-0015) and ask them. If they can't get them they will know where you can get them; assuming they are even available in this country.

I haven't seen one at a match that I know of. The matches around here are pretty much either Benelli or Remington dominated with some Browning, HK and Mossberg thrown in.

Good luck!

Does the Franchi use one of the "standard" choke tube sizes/threads?  Colonial makes tubes that fit just about everything including many of the imports.  You might call Brownells (800-741-0015) and ask them.  If they can't get them they will know where you can get them; assuming they are even available in this country.

I haven't seen one at a match that I know of.  The matches around here are pretty much either Benelli or Remington dominated with some Browning, HK and Mossberg thrown in.

Good luck!

The threads are on the outside of the barrel. I am thinking about putting a Cutts Compensator on it if I cannot find any reasonably priced chokes in the next month. Thanks for the reply

I saw someone use one at the local level years ago. There weren't that many made and they were pretty expensive as I recall.

Thanks for the reply. My 11-87 is slightly easier to reload, however the Franchi has a quicker action and more ammo capacity. I am just starting into this new sport and was just wondering about the Franchi's popularity or lack of. Thanks again