Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA Reload tracking .xls

Hallz

Hello everyone,

I was putting together a quick .xls workbook to track my load data. I would appreciate your feedback to see if I missed anything.

If anyone has one to share/compare or provide a link to, I would appreciate it also.

Thanks!

post-54673-0-99273300-1408388490_thumb.j

I'd not bother with the stuff on the left. If you want to precaculate the min vel for a bullet weight add a col then fill it is as you test bullets. I'd suggest you also track min / max, average, and standard deviation - assuming your testing more than a single round at a specific loading - then calculate the resultant PF acheived.

Edited by Rob Tompkins

I track bullet mfg., nominal weight, actual average weight, bullet description, powder, powder weight, primer, COL, Gun fired from, accuracy at 25 yards, accuracy without called flyer, avg. velocity, power factor, date shot, and any notes about the load/day/gun/etc.

Your needs will vary.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an example of what I'm currently using (ProChrono Digital), I'll be adding barrel length as a field shortly (G20gen4 has both a stock, as well as 6" hunting barrel).

Date and time may be valuable down the road when, especially if the powder comes from a different lot, or has been changed slightly by the manufacturer. I also include primer information, I generally only use Winchester primers, however I may have to switch to a different brand in the future, so it would be nice to have the data to compare.

I'll also include factory ammo chrono data for reference, and will add a photo of the groupings and source for the data used to work up the load. I may include elevation/temperature/relative humidity data at some point also.

Chrono%20Shot.png

~g

Edited by safeactionjackson